The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Spring 1986, Volume 32, Number 2
Thomas L. Scharf, Editor
- Dog-Holes, Bomb-Lances and Devil-Fish: Boom Times for the San Diego Whaling Industry.
- By Ronald V. May.
- When the President Spoke at Balboa Stadium
- By Gerald A. Shepherd.
- Presidio Park: A Statement of George W. Marston in 1942
- The Lemon Grove Incident: The Nation’s First Successful Desegregation Case
- By Robert R. Alvarez, Jr.
- Publications in Southern California Art 1, 2, & 3.
- By Nancy Dustin Wall Moure. Reviewed by Bruce Kamerling.
- Native Faces: Indian Cultures in American Art.
- By Patricia Trenton and Patrick Houlihan. Reviewed by Mick Gidley.
- Politics and Economic Migrants in America: Cubans and Mexicans.
- By Silvia Pedraza-Bailey. Reviewed by Walter Moore.
- The Tourist: Travel In Twentieth Century North America.
- John A. Jakle. Reviewed by Richard Lowitt.
- Kensington-Talmadge: 1910-1985.
- By Thomas H. Baumann. Reviewed by Rhoda E. Kruse.
- Richard H. Kern: Expeditionary Artist in the Far Southwest, 1848-1853.
- By David J. Weber. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trafzer.
- Scholars and the Indian Experience: Critical Reviews of Recent Writing in the Social Sciences.
- Edited by W.R. Swagerty.
- Belle Baranceanu – A Retrospective.
- Essays by Bram Dijkstra and Anne Weaver.
- American Indian Identity: Today’s Changing Perspectives.
- Edited by Clifford Trafzer.
- Last of the Missions: A Documentary History of San Francisco de Solano.
- Edited by Francis J. Weber.
- On the Border: Portraits of America’s Southwestern Frontier.
- By Tom Miller.