The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Spring 1989, Volume 35, Number 2
Thomas L. Scharf, Editor
- A City, A Bank, A Family
- By Theodore Davie
- Hospital Based Nursing Schools in San Diego, 1900-1970
- By Donna Fosbinder, MSN, RN
- “Eating That Smoke” San Diego’s Fire Department, 1889-1989
- By Richard Crawford
- Coronado: The Enchanted Land.
- By Katherine Eitzen Carlin and Ray Brandes. Reviewed by Gary F. Kurutz.
- Baja California Railways.
- By John A. Kirchner. Reviewed by T.D. Proffitt, III.
- American Progress: The Growth of the Transport, Tourist and Information Industries in the Nineteenth Century American West, Seen Through the Life and Times of George A. Crofutt, Pioneer and Publicist of the Transcontinental Age.
- By J. Valerie Fifer. Reviewed by Dennis E. Berge.
- Hoover Dam: An American Adventure.
- By Joseph E. Stephens. Reviewed by Gregg Hennessey.