Our museums and archives are temporarily closed to support the effort to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 1991, Volume 37, Number 3
Richard W. Crawford, Editor

Back to the Article

Page 214. The opening of the San Diego Central Public Library in 1954.

Page 217. The Kelly family at the Kelly Ranch, Agua Hedionda, 1909.

Train engine

Page 219. From the Transit Company Materials Collection, 1929.

Donal Hord and Homer Dana

Page 220. Donal Hord (left) and Homer Dana at work on the facade for the San Diego Library.

Little Landers Library

Page 222. The first issue of Little Landers Library, edited by William E. Smythe, 1908.

Charles Hatfield

Page 223. The “rainmaker” at work, Charles Hatfield in 1916.

Hiram N. Savage

Page 224. Hiram N. Savage, City Hydraulic Engineer.

Barrett Dam

Page 225. Civil engineers at the construction site of Barrett Dam, January 16, 1921.

postcard

Page 227. The California Room postcard collection.