The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Spring 1993, Volume 39, Numbers 1 & 2
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
Back to article: Defending the Border: The Cavalry at Camp Lockett
- Master Sergeant James H. Cole, 28th Cavalry, pictured in 1944
- Unidentified soldier at Morena tent camp in 1940
- Scout car used on missions for 11th Cavalry at Morena, 1940
- 11th Cavalry marches into Jacumba during the Live Oak Springs maneuver in 1941
- 11th Cavalry on the border guarding railway with young boy and Mexican official.
- 11th Cavalry at Camp Lockett in 1942.
Front: Sgt. J.L. Shoemaker, right: Sgt. I.M. Schmiz, left: PFC X.W. Fisher.
- Cavalry soldier at Lockett, 1943.
- Joe Louis speaking to the black troops at Lockett in 1943.
- Chain of command: 4th Cavalry Brigade, 2nd Cavalry Division, August 1943
- 4th Cavalry Brigade on review at Lockett in 1944.
- Aerial view of Lockett in 1941.