The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Spring 1995, Volume 41, Number 2
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
- La Madre Santísima de la Luz
- By Norman Neuerburg
- The Acquisition of La Madre Santísima de la Luz
- By Bruce Kamerling
- Uncovering the Madre de la Luz
- By Elizabeth Court
- 1926, The Formative Year of Kensington Heights
- By Anne D. Bullard
- Concrete Shipbuilding in San Diego, 1918-1920
- By Robert Eberhardt
- The Oxford History of the American West.
- Edited by Clyde A. Milner II, Carol A. O’Connor, and Martha A. Sandweiss. Reviewed by Raymond Starr.
- Railroad Crossing: Californians and the Railroad, 1850-1910.
- By William Deverell. Reviewed by Theodore Kornweibel, Jr.
- Santa Cruz Island: A History and Recollections of an Old California Rancho.
- By Helen Caire. Reviewed by Iris H. W. Engstrand.
- Apache, Navaho, and Spaniard.
- By Jack D. Forbes. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trafzer.
- West of Everything: The Inner Life of Westerns.
- By Jane Tompkins. Reviewed by Cynthia Sturgis.
- Entrada: The Legacy of Spain and Mexico in the United States
- By Bernard L. Fontana. Reviewed by Daniel Tyler.
- The Frontier in American Culture
- By Richard White and Patricia Nelson Limerick. Reviewed by Richard W. Steele.
- Jewel of the Desert: Japanese American Internment at Topaz
- By Sandra C. Taylor. Reviewed by Richard W. Steele.
- Memories of Chicano History: The Life and Narrative of Bert Corona
- By Mario T. Garcia. Reviewed by Carlos C. Larralde.
- Becoming Mexican American: Ethnicity Culture and Identity in Chicano Los Angeles, 1900-1945.
- By George J. Sanchez. Reviewed by Carlos C. Larralde.
- The Destruction of California Indians: A Collection of Documents from the Period 1847 to 1865 in Which Are Described some of the Things that Happened to Some of the Indians of California.
- Edited by Robert F. Heizer. Reviewed by Lynn A. Bonfield.
- A Guide to Historical Outings in Southern California.
- By Gloria Ricci Lothrop.
- Images of Mexico in the United States.
- Edited by John Coatsworth and Carlos Rico.
- Flutes of Fire: Essays on California Indian Languages.
- By Leanne Hinton.
- The Conquest of the New World: American Holocaust.
- By David E. Stannard.
- San Diego Trivia 2.
- By Evelyn Kooperman.
- The Historic Spreckels Organ in Balboa Park, San Diego, California.
- By Kenneth Herman.