The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 1996, Volume 42, Number 3
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
- Hot Enough to Melt Iron: The San Diego Nikkei Experience 1942-1946
- By Matthew T. Estes and Donald H. Estes
- The History of Hedges and the Cargo Muchacho Mining District Part II: A Case Study of the Lives of Mexican Miners in a Company Town of the Southern California Desert
- By Stephen R. Van Wormer and James D. Newland
- Dark Sweat, White Gold: California Farm Workers, Cotton, and the New Deal.
- By Devra Weber. Reviewed by Richard Griswold del Castillo.
- Independent Spirits: Women Painters of the American West, 1890-1945.
- Edited by Patricia Trenton. Reviewed by Martin E. Peterson.
- Indian Uprising on the Rio Grande: The Pueblo Revolt of 1690
- By Franklin Folsom.
- Indigenous Peoples, Ethnic Groups, and the State.
- By David Maybury-Lewis.
- An Apache Life-Way: The Economic, Social, and Religious Institutions of the Chiricahua Indians.
- By Morris Edward Opler.