- Mission Masonry at Rancho Guajome Adobe
- By Susan M. Hector, Ph.D.
- The History of the California China Products Company of National City, California, 1911-1917
- By Alexander D. Bevil
- Surviving on Gold Mountain: A History of Chinese American Women and Their Lives
- By HuPing Ling. Reviewed by Dr. Huma Ahmed-Ghosh.
- Dark Side of Fortune: Triumph and Scandal in the Life of Oil Tycoon Edward L. Doheny.
- By Margaret Leslie Davis. Reviewed by Christopher J. Castaneda.
- The Presidio: From Army Post to National Park.
- By Lisa M. Benton. Reviewed by Robert J. Chandler.
- The Story of San Diego de Alcala. His Life, His Canonization and His Legacy.
La Historia de San Diego de Alcala. Su vida, su canonizacion y su legado.
- By Thomas E. Case. Bilingual edition. Reviewed by Mary H. Halavais.
- California Desert Miracle: The Fight for Desert Parks and Wilderness
- By Frank Wheat. Reviewed by Bob R. O’Brien
- A Year in the Cuyamacas
- By Leland Fetzer. Reviewed by Wendy L. Smith.
- Gendered Justice in the American West: Women Prisoners in Men’s Penitentiaries
- By Anne M. Butler. Reviewed by Patricia A. Washington.
- Back in the Saddle Again: New Essays on the Western
- Edited by Edward Buscombe and Roberta E. Pearson. Reviewed by Juti A. Winchester.
- The Cave Paintings of Baja California: Discovering the Great Murals of an Unknown People
- By Harry W. Crosby. Reviewed by Sue A. Wade.
- Devil’s Bargains: Tourism in the Twentieth-Century American West
- By Hal K. Rothman. Reviewed by Todd M. Kerstetter.