The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Winter 2000, Volume 46, Number 1
Gregg Hennessey, Editor
- From Spanish Romance to Neon Confidence and Demolition Fear: The Twentieth Century Life of the El Cortez Hotel
- By Kyle E. Ciani and By Cynthia Malinick
- Captain Edward William Funcke: Hunting in Baja California for a Living
- By Eric Mellink
- An Account of the Voyage of Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo.
- James D. Nauman, Editor. Reviewed by Steven Colston.
- Civil War Veterans of San Diego, CA
- By Barbara Palmer. Reviewed by Alexa Clausen.
- U.S.S. Saratoga (CV3): An Illustrated History of the Legendary Aircraft Carrier 1927-1946
- By John Fry. Reviewed by Mark Allen
- Where Rails Meet the Sea: America’s Connections Between Ships and Trains.
- By Michael Krieger. Reviewed by Theodore Kornweibel.
- The California Cauldron: Immigration and the Fortunes of Local Communities
- By William A. V. Clark.
- Unwelcome Strangers: American Identity and the Turn Against Immigration
- By David M. Reimers.
- Race and Politics: Asian Americans, Latinos, and Whites in a Los Angeles Suburb
- By Leland T. Saito.
- Chicano Politics and Society in the Late Twentieth Century
- Edited by David Montejano.
- Confessions of a Kinetic Congressman
- By Bob Wilson with Larry Bischof and William Brian Lowry.
- The Life and Times of Pancho Villa
- By Frederich Katz.
- Documenting Everyday Life in Early Spanish California: The Santa Barbara Presidio Memorias y facturas, 1779-1810.
- Edited by Giorgio Perissinotto
- Frontier Children
- By Linda Peavy and Ursula Smith
- Griffith Park: A Centennial History
- By Mike Eberts
- To Shining Sea: A History of the United States Navy, 1775-1998
- By Stephen Howarth
- The Atlas of North American Exploration From the Norse Voyages to the Race to the Pole
- By William H. Goetzmann and Glyndwr Williams
- The St. Francis Dam Disaster Revisited
- Edited by Doyce B. Nunis, Jr.