Back to the article: Hillcrest: From Haven to Home
William W. Whitson, developer of Hillcrest
University and 6th, c. 1928.
[photo# S 585-3]
Security Commercial and Savings Bank at 5th and University.
[photo# Sensor 5-175A]
In 1953 the Sears Department store stood in what is now the Uptown District.
A landscaped courtyard among retail and residential buildings in the new Uptown District, on the site where Sears once stood.
Copyright Anne Garrison/David Hewitt.
1969, on the eve of the gay influx.
Hillcrest in 1990.
A Hillcrest wedding.
A Hillcrest family.