Xavier López Medellín, Carlos G. Román-Zúñiga, Iris Engstrand, Manuel Alvarez Pérez and Marco Moreno Corral
Publication of The Journal of San Diego History is underwritten by a major grant from the Quest for Truth Foundation, established by the late James G. Scripps. Additional support is provided by “The Journal of San Diego History Fund” of the San Diego Foundation and private donors.
Front Cover: Charles Reiffel, San Diego Harbor. Oil on Canvas, 1936. The San Diego History Center on loan from the Fine Arts Program, Public Building Services, US General Administration, commissioned through the New Deal art projects. Charles Reiffel: An American Post-Impressionist, Catalogue No. 63.
Back Cover: Charles Reiffel, detail from History of San Diego—Colonial, 1939. The San Diego History Center, gift of Donna Sefton.
The San Diego History Center is a museum, education center, and research library founded as the San Diego Historical Society in 1928. Its activities are supported by: the City of San Diego’s Commission for Arts and Culture; the County of San Diego; individuals; foundations; corporations; fund raising events; membership dues; admissions; shop sales; and rights and reproduction fees.
Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
The paper in the publication meets the minimum requirements of American National Standard for Information Science-Permanence of Paper for Printed Library Materials, ANSI Z39.48-1984.
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.