Our museums and archives are temporarily closed to support the effort to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

The Journal of San Diego History
San Diego History Center Quarterly
Summer Fall 2015, Volume 61, Number 3 & 4

Summer Fall 2015, Volume 61, Number 3 & 4 (PDF)

The San Salvador Sails into San Diego

Iris Engstrand and Harry Kelsey

Safeguarding the Innocent: Travelers’ Aid at the Panama-California Exposition, 1915

Eric C. Cimino

Peter C. Remondino, MD: the Man and his Library

George W. Kaplan

Matanza: A Reinterpretation of a Presidio Site

Paul G. Chace

BOOK REVIEWS (PDF)

Front and Back Matter (PDF)

The San Diego History Center gratefully acknowledges the generosity of the Robert D.L. Gardiner Foundation and the Quest for Truth Foundation for their ongoing support of The Journal of San Diego History. Additional support is provided by Journal of San Diego History Fund of the San Diego Foundation and private donors.

Front Cover: The San Salvador entering San Diego Bay on September 4, 2015. Photo by Jerry Soto.

Back Cover: The San Salvador  leaving its construction site courtesy of the Marine Group, Chula Vista. Photo by Jerry Soto.

V61-3-4 frontV61-3-4 back

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The San Diego History Center is a museum, education center, and research library founded as the San Diego Historical Society in 1928. Its activities are supported by: the City of San Diego’s Commission for Arts and Culture; the County of San Diego; individuals; foundations; corporations; fund raising events; membership dues; admissions; shop sales; and rights and reproduction fees.

Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.

The paper in the publication meets the minimum requirements of American National Standard for Information Science-Permanence of Paper for Printed Library Materials, ANSI Z39.48-1984.

All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.