The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 1982, Volume 28, Number 3
Page 196. The San Diego Union office c. 1886 on Sixth Avenue.
Page 196. The drawing shows the interior of the Union press room in 1883.
Page 196. Later, the newspaper moved to Fourth Avenue, south of Broadway, c. 1872.
Page 197. San Diego Union offices c. 1897 at 933 Fourth Avenue. The three persons in the doorway are identified (left to right) as: E. F. Parmlee, Bert Hakes, and Miss Prire (Mrs. Gregg).
Page 201. Front page of the first edition of The San Diego Herald, May 29, 1851. It was four pages long with four columns to a page.
Page 202. The San Diego Sun office in 1911 was located at Seventh Avenue and B Street.
THE PHOTOGRAPHS are all from the San Diego History Center’s Title Insurance and Trust Collection.