The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Spring 1989, Volume 35, Number 2
Thomas L. Scharf, Editor
Graduating class, Agnew Hospital Training School for Nurses, 1909
Sanitarium, Columbia and F Street, 1890s; later converted to the Arlington Hotel.
Diploma from the “Agnew Sanitarium and Hospital” for 1909.
The Agnew Sanitarium at the corner of Fifth and Beech, 1914.
Hearne Surgical Hospital, Fourth and Ash Streets. Later the Ashforth Hotel.
County Hospital as seen in 1928
County hospital on its site above Mission Valley in 1925.
Quintard Hospital and staff, c. 1928.
PHOTOGRAPHS are from the San Diego History Center’s Title Insurance & Trust Collection.