The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer/Fall 2004, Volume 50, Numbers 3 & 4
Iris H. W. Engstrand & Molly McClain, Editors
50th Anniversary Issue
- Front Matter
- Exploring San Diego’s Past: Fifty Years of The Journal of San Diego History
- by Kathleen A. Crawford
- When Dr. Fairchild Visited Miss Sessions: San Diego 1919
- by Nancy Carol Carter
- George White Marston: Baseball Player
- by Michael J. Epstein
- Revelations of a Reformer: Helen D. Marston Beardsley and Progressive Activism
- by Kyle E. Ciani
- Land, Water, and Real Estate: Ed Fletcher and the Cuyamaca Water Company 1910-1926
- by Theodore Strathman
- Book Reviews
- End Matter
- Complete Journal Issue (without covers) 0.7Mb
Publication this year of The Journal of San Diego History has been partially funded by a generous grant from the Quest for Truth Foundation of Seattle, Washington, established by the late James Scripps; and Peter Janopaul, Anthony Block and their family of companies, working together to preserve San Diego’s history and architectural heritage.Publication of this issue of The Journal of San Diego History has been supported by a grant from The Journal of San Diego History Fund of the San Diego Foundation. How to Donate
Front cover design by Allen Wynar, University of San Diego
The San Diego History Center is able to share the resources of four museums and its extensive collections with the community through generous support from the following: City of San Diego Commission for Art and Culture; County of San Diego; foundation and government grants; individual and corporate memberships; corporate sponsorships and donation bequests; sales from museum stores and reproduction prints from the Booth Historical Photograph Archives; admissions; and proceeds from fund-raising events.
Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.